We’ve been keeping our focus on work, even with the impeachment officially official! We were so focused that we had fewer links in our trove this week, but don’t worry, here are the best of the best (and they aren’t impeachment related, promise):
- I love the Olympics and beautiful design, so these official posters for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games are ticking a lot of boxes.
- It’s blowing my mind that there are at least 25 words in the English language that are their own opposites!
- This article about how the 40-hour-work-week “…arrangement makes us naturally more inclined to spend heavily on entertainment and conveniences because our free time is so scarce.” has me thinking!
- I didn’t know there was a name for it before, but the state of the natural world (namely the fires in Australia, at the moment) has me feeling a good amount of eco-anxiety!
- Jobs! A new feature I’m adding is sharing jobs when I have them to share. Here are this week’s:
– Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Design Research Manager (SF or remote)
– GHD Partners is looking for Environmental Graphic Designers (NYC or SF) and a Studio Manager (NYC) [reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on this last one].
- Podcast recommendation: I went and saw Slave Play last night and just… *gasp* *sigh*. So good. This interview with the playwright is in my queue for the weekend!